Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ruff St-icks

Just came back from Portland. Tax free shopping is amazing, but also leaves you with a much lighter wallet.

Went to Powell's and picked up some awesome books. Two old travel guides (one from 1937 the other 1785). I love those old books because they have amazing color paintings and also were made in a time where not every thing was known. The world is better with a little mystery.

I also snatched a great coffee table book (I've collected quite a few now) on Punks and Skins in England during the mid-Eighties. From Antro I also found Sophie Dahl's cook book (Roald Dahl's granddaughter). Anything that last name is attached to is amazing and I've already made three recipes which were heaven in my mouth. She also writes funny little comments in the instructions so its even a fun read!

Some snapshots from Skins and Punks



No comments:

Post a Comment