Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gin & Lemonade: Silver/Teeth

I know I haven't updated in FOREVER but it's exams and I feel like that's enough justification to have put it off for so long. Anyways I went to Montreal and Ottawa the last two weekends and it was SO MUCH FUN! I got some really great stuff in both cities and got to see some fam-jam and good friends! I was also excitingly legal again in Quebec so that brought up the booze consumption quite a bit. Maybe that's why it was so fun...

When I was in Ottawa my Mom and I visited the National Gallery and there was this really cool temporary exhibit going on about 19th Century French Photography. It was just so interesting to see some the pioneers of an art that wasn't entirely respected back then, but today is (at least in my opinion) very highly regarded. They also had some really interesting images of a world that has almost disappeared, these few photographs didn't stylize or represent something they're not, it showed the world exactly as it was. D-lightful! I liked it so much that I even got the book from the gift shop. I kind of felt really old then, it's going to be my first coffee table book ever! So weird that next year I'll be living in a house with roommates... but it's so exciting. Good times ahead.

PS I am OBSESSED with these shoes, I want them so bad. If only they weren't an online special I would go out and try them on right away. I can already think of the millions of things they would go really well with. GAH they just look like they stepped right off the show Mad Men (a really good show btw) when Don or Pete are in their casual stuff on the weekend in the summer. E-Z BREE-Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment