Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SLED ISLAND!!!

HEY so while I am on the topic of amazing festivals I should direct y'all to Calgary's very own Sled Island Festival!! I've been volunteering with them since the very beginning and I have to say it's such a great experience just to even be part of it. And this year the lineup is fantastic!

WOMEN | !!! | BLACK LIPS | THE THERMALS | FUCKED UP | DINOSAUR JR. | DEERHOOF | KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW | MY GOLD MASK | LES SAVY FAV | GIRL TALK | WHY? | C'MON | CHUCK RAGAN | AZEDA BOOTH | WOODHANDS | BUILT TO SPILL

and that is not even scratching the surface of the 100+ bands that are hitting up various bars and clubs and dives around the city! I'm so excited to do it all over again! The shows are always insane and just so different from big stadium shows. Check out Sled Island's flickr HERE.

And I'll be at the Sled Island room at this Saturday/Sunday's MARKET COLLECTIVE so come say hellooo and buy some discounted passes, maybe browse and buy some other stuff like cheapo clothes, jewelry, burritos, whatnot.

I love Calgary. Except for today's shit showstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment