Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Strange Desire

OSHEAGAAAAA

so I am planning a trip to Montreal this fall (fingers crossed!) for the OSHEAGA festival! Why? Because my friend Rand was pining for the Black Keys to come to calgary, and looked up their dates. Sadly/fortunately, the only one was in Montreal for Osheaga. I can't wait until exams are over so I can focus on saving and planning this trip! I've checked out the line-up and I am excited and BEYOND. There's two venues, the island and the city. So let me just tease you with how fantastic this festival will be (everything might as well be bolded.. but my absolutes are in bold):

THE BLACK KEYS | WEEZER | ARCADE FIRE | DEADMAU5 | CHROMEO | STARS
OWEN PALLET | SEU JORGE | BLITZEN TRAPPER | EDWARD SHARPE & THE MAGNETIC ZEROS
JAPANDROIDS | METRIC | KEANE | PAVEMENT

I haven't been back to Montreal in a while. I think it takes more than two trips to see the entire place, it's that amazing. Anyways I put together a playlist because I am that excited and I refuse to study for my statistics final tomorrow morning. Forgive me for putting so many Black Keys songs in this but I love them too much:

1. Strange Desire - The Black Keys
2. She Said - The Black Keys
3. Furr - Blitzen Trapper
4. Your Ex-Lover is Dead - Stars
5. Dead Disco - Metric
6. When the Lights Go Out - The Black Keys
7. Under Pressure - Keane (a great cover)
8. The Sweater Song - Weezer
9. Island in the Sun - Weezer
10. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To - Weezer (Doctor Rosen Rosen Rx)
11. Home - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
12. Gold Soundz - Pavement
13. Night by Night - Chromeo
14. The Kids Don't Stand a Chance - Vampire Weekend (Chromeo Remix)
15. Do You Love? - Final Fantasy (Owen Pallet)
16. Wake Up - Arcade Fire
17. Haiti - Arcade Fire
18. Ain't Nothing Like You - Blakroc (The Black Keys' collab with rappers.. lav it)

No comments:

Post a Comment