Wednesday, November 11, 2009

reading week II

this week, sunday to today, was by far the most eye-opening week I've ever had. I've had about five really amazingly deep conversations with five different people and honestly I've never said so much about what I think about my future and what I want to do, my maturity, my stresses, and my expectations. If you've never had a heart-to-heart talk with anyone, I seriously, honestly, suggest that you do it. I feel good. I've never felt so honest, and I feel like drawing, which I haven't done since the last year of high school.

today, I lied to my mom actually. I said I was going to study, but I went on a lunch date and stroll with my friend natasha, a wee budding artist that I am honestly so proud of. and I know she'll be amazing no matter what she does. We originally planned on sushi, but we ended up having some Tubby Dog; not a bad choice at all. The A-Bomb (cheese, mayo, chips, bacon, mustard, ketchup -- basically a heart-stopper)? A-mazing -- but huge! I haven't had a hot dog in years, and I swear I'll only eat them at Tubby's. so now I've introduced natasha to Calgary's little gem on 17th avenue. and while we had our little stroll along 17th avenue, shopping for christmas gifts (natasha), piercings (natasha + me), and gawking at every store that caught our eye, we talked. About a lot of stuff: art, our futures, boys, etc. I liked it. a lot. And I learned. a lot. About myself, and about natasha.

SHERM'S ULTIMATE GRIPPER. UH-HUH.

No comments:

Post a Comment