Wednesday, November 4, 2009

uh-oh, KAREN O



finished midterms. Surviving midterms is a different story... because I definitely am failing statistics, doing average in computer science and economics, and somewhat good in geology and business & environment. School is getting a little wild, not to mention some wild halloween nights (I won't post pictures for good reason). so let's talk about KAREN O instead! Besides being so goddamn awesome/eccentric she is the fronter for yeah yeah yeahs and also directed a music vid for liars, which is my almost favourite band ever... Apparently she worked avec some young tweensters called TMOT (tiny masters of today), which aren't half bad, and she also worked with NASA for their track "strange enough", which is like seriously addicitve too! I don't even remember when I first heard of the yeah yeah yeahs but I DO have a copy of purple mag with a story (more like a photo spread) on Karen O in some insane but obviously fitting outfits shot by terry richardson, who, by the way, is an amazing photographer. Will post those once my scanner is set up..

on the topic of photos - go check out VICE's do's and don'ts! why? Because even though it's all hit or miss and almost always highly offensive, the ones that are a hit are usually a hit for a reason... for example, their recent 1994 do's and don'ts, which are now up. Plus, it's a canadian publication! and, even better, it's FREEEE! so instead of just looking at the site, go pick up a copy from basically any store on 17th avenue. You'll love it.

P.S. also, goo check out vice's sister site, VBS. why? Because it's also hilarious, and they have interviews with barry mcgee, my artist crush/idol

P.P.S. I'm not completely done yet! there's actually a lot of stuff we got at work, some of which I am totally dying for - brixton hats, marc by marc jacobs shades (I already own a pair, but I collect everything), and bod & christensen leather jackets! Oh yeah, not to mention some fantastic shoes., seeing as it is a shoe store


No comments:

Post a Comment